Local IT Manager
- In Montreal
- 2 years ago
ABOUT AXA ASSISTANCE
AXA Assistance is one of the world’s leading assistance providers, handling 10 million claims per year. The company employs 8600 people in 34 different countries and does business in more than 200 countries. As a business that operates face-to-face at local level, AXA Assistance is in direct contact with today’s fast-changing world. Today’s businesses are growing internationally and becoming increasingly global as they respond to the needs of today’s consumers. With the support of its international network, AXA Assistance delivers immediate solutions by deploying expertise and a wide range of innovative services for its roadside, medical, travel, legal and concierge lines of business.
Within the regional IT organization of AXA Partners Americas, the Local IT Manager supports the business strategy of the Canadian office by defining and delivering the Local IT roadmap, leveraging IT regional and central expertise.
DIMENSIONS OF ROLE
AXA Partners aims at becoming AXA Group preferred networks & Service Company and a powerhouse for partnerships development as a founding entity of AXA Partners. A key enabler for this business transformation (with key topics on offer, distribution, operations and network management) will be a local IT able to endorse a business-oriented role to capture local business needs reactively and proposed a suitable Local IT roadmap.
The role holder primary objective is helping the business stakeholders to envision the future and identifying IT solutions to be leveraged to make the future a reality
- In coordination with Regional / Central IT functions the Local IT Manager is responsible for determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners
- In partnership with Regional Application Manager, the role holder ensure delivery expectations are respected (On Time, On Business, On Scope, On Quality)
Finally, AXA Partners IT must thrive to ensure the right level of performance and service quality in order to meet business expectations.
- As accountable of the Local IT, the role holder is responsible of project delivery and BAU
1) Define Local IT roadmap supporting the Local business strategy
- Analyze business needs
- Define the local IT roadmap leveraging existing Regional/Central solutions where applicable
2) Supervise the local project portfolio delivery
- Identify available solutions in the Region or Central if any
- Mobilize Local/ Regional / Central resources to deliver the project (On Time, On Business, On Scope, On Quality)
- Supervise the delivery according to AXA standards (Security, Quality, Auditability)
- Oversee Local vendor management and procurement initiatives
- Oversee and approve all fixes and enhancements of existing Local platforms
3) Attend the Local office Governance as IT representative and build a strong relationship with key local stakeholders
- Act as main point of contact for Local project portfolio dashboard and scheduling ; Ensure the appropriate reporting and presentation of projects to the project committees
- Act as main point of contact for fulfillment of inbound/outbound IT components of RFPs and RFIs
4) Manage local IT team (Business Analysts/Project Managers, Developers, HelpDesk)
- Ensure day to day supervision
- Endorse a coaching role
5) Manage Local IT budget
- Manage BAU and project budget allocation
- Interact with the Regional IT Finance Manager and the Regional Portfolio Manager all along the definition of local investments
6) In coordination with Regional and Local CISO, conduct all activities in line with Group Security policies, promote Group security standards and be proactive in the remediation of all vulnerabilities or issues
AXA is a global leader in financial protection, representing nearly 100 billion Euros worth of turnover across its 3 businesses (Life & Savings, Property & Casualty and Asset Management). AXA Partners, launched in Sept 2015, is a new business unit dedicated to developing AXA’s partnership business that makes up ~10% of the AXA business globally. The mission of AXA partners is to design, implement and manage relationships with selected global partners and support AXA entities to develop successful local partnerships.
The main partnerships will be articulated around 4 areas, including 3 sector-led divisions (Automotive, Bancassurance, Telco/ Utilities/ Retail/ Digital Platforms and IoT) as well as Transversal Cross-sector Operations, covering topics across sectors (finance, capabilities, governance, and support to community animation).
The sector-led divisions have a business development role, and the following objectives:
- Management of global deals – building on a global network of KAM
- Support of significant deals at local or regional level
- Development and enrichment of sector value propositions – with credentials by sector (to be turned into products by marketing teams)
The transversal cross-sector team will aim to support and coordinate all sector-led divisions and steer and support local entities and Global BUs in their partnership operations.
This role is based in Canada embedded in the Americas IT region comprised of 8 countries:
- Canada – US – Mexico – Colombia – Panama – Brazil – Argentina – Chile
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- +5 years of experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Professional proficiency in both French and English
- Knowledge of technical management, information analysis and IT technologies with a good head for business
- Master both waterfall and agile methodology
- Knowledge of the Insurance or Assistance industry, an asset
- Capacity to work in a matrix environment
- Capacity to develop a strong partnership with local business and understand the business needs
- Rigor and ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Organizational, management and leadership skills
Others: a valid work permit is required to work in Canada – to be discussed with the local HR.
- Permanent full time position
- Competitive benefits package including a competitive vacation policy
- Start date: As soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking for a stimulating new challenge in a team that values your involvement and success, please send your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Making a difference in our customers’ lives is important to us and we hold firmly to the belief that our people are the key to our success. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to grow within an inclusive, accessible environment where individuals are encouraged to be themselves, treated fairly and rewarded for their ability. At the heart of this mission is a commitment to diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their race, color, sex, national origin, sex orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected factors.